Thursday, August 31, 2006

Land Legs

It takes a while after getting ashore for the world to stop moving, and until then we both have a rolling and slightly drunk-looking gait. It is a lovely reminder of our adventure, but Heroine is now 350 miles and several weekends away.

We have washed all our filthy clothes, and all of the "clean" ones, those either unworn (sarongs and shorts) or washed in launderettes with our overalls. It is comforting that everything, even after a full wash cycle, still smells wonderfully of the boat.

We have started talking to a production company who might be interested in doing a programme about our project, probably in the same form as all the "Place in France", "No Going Back" things. I just wonder if we will find ourselves bickering and arguing like everyone does, like Nippy and Nigel, in those series; strife brought on, no doubt, by the presence of a camera crew. If we don't find something to fight about perhaps they won't do the filming. I think I favour peace instead of my fifteen minutes of fame, or even my seven episodes of 25 minutes of fame.


Here is a picture of Lenny, on the left, with Michael Meade, another Crosshaven trawlerman.




Would you buy a second-hand fishing boat from this man? Yes, of course, all day long.

1 Comments:

Blogger The London Lifer said...

Nippy & Nigel are my favourites. Particularly Nigel. Until I saw him I didn't know it was actually possible to be that much of an idiot.

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home