Friday, August 04, 2006

Time on my hands - looking at my fingernails

Ballygalley Bay - Thursday 27th July

This is a lovely bay with the sweeping coast road around the base of the soaring green hills with woods and sheep Yet another perfect summer's day in smooth conditions and blazing sunshine. The boat seems to love ploughing along North, and, not that I believe in it, but she seems to be heading keenly for Eyemouth for her make-over. I can sympathise with her; my nails are cut back to the quick to save ripping them on wood and rust, the sea turns my hair to straw and I have dirt so deep in my skin that I don't think I'll ever be clean again, my eyebrows have gone feral and my face is like leather.

Leaving Ballygalley we noticed a difference in the engine noise and spent a couple of hours listening and altering the revs to see what we could find. We had planned to take advantage of the tides and beat the incoming storm to the Inner Hebrides and get to Islay before dark. The engine noise did not get any worse and we are still getting used to what it sounds like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home